JUNE 10-12, 2016
An introduction to renewable energy, covering off-grid/on-grid solar, wind, and hydro, and an overview of the ethics and potential global impacts of "alternative" energy technologies.
- Assemble an off-grid solar array and a solar oven
- Tour state-of-the-art Geothermal HVAC Pump House, 2.15 MW Solar Farm, 3kW Grid Tied Array, 2.5 kW Wind Turbine with Larry Reeger, wind-turbine and sustainability expert.
- Visit state-of-the-art on-farm renewable energy infrastructure with Dick Riseling of Sullivan Alliance for Sustainable Development.
- Eat well + spend time on the farm!
JUNE 16-19, 2016
An incredible, one-of-a-kind opportunity. Here are only a few of the highlights:
- Meals by renowned cook by Brent Lyman
- Foraging with traditional herbalist Nathaniel Whitmore
- Hike with wildlife biologist Dick Henry to discuss the ethics and environmental impacts of deer hunting
- Tour of Root N’ Roost permaculture-based farm.
- Lamb slaughter at Snowdance Farm and nose-to-tail artisanal butchery workshop
- Food system lecture and discussion with Eugenia Manwelyan, co-founder and director of Eco Practicum.
April 8-9, 2016
Eco Practicum was one of the sponsoring organizations for the Food + Enterprise Summit, presented by Slow Money NYC. The Summit is catalyzing connections between investors and entrepreneurs to finance a better food system. We worked with them to plan an exciting impactful event for college students, recent grads, and young professionals.